The March 2018 episode of “Glen’s Parallax Perspectives” brings us up to date on the rapidly changing crisis of nuclear weapons. We are facing some seriously increased dangers. But also, the people working against nuclear weapons have made some great progress. During this hour we’ll bring you up to date on both the dangers and the opportunities.
Glen Anderson interviews three knowledgeable guests. All four of us are very active members of the new Olympia Coalition to Abolish Nuclear Weapons.
We share information about several aspects of nuclear weapons, including these facts:
• The U.S. plans to replace our entire nuclear weapons arsenal with all new warheads, missiles, submarines, bombers, etc.
• This will cost more than $1 TRILLION, even though we need that money for better purposes.
• Trump and his Pentagon produced a reckless, violent new roles and policies for using nuclear weapons in more kinds of situations.
• They plan to build new nuclear weapons that will be “more usable.”
• Trump is recklessly provoking of wars against North Korea and Iran.
• The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists moved their Doomsday Clock to 2 minutes to midnight, the closest it’s been to global holocaust since 1953.
• Deterrence and militarism do not work. We need diplomacy and peace.
• Religious leaders strongly oppose nuclear weapons.
• We must convince Congress to pass S. 200 and H.R. 669 to prevent Trump from starting war and to restore constitutional checks and balances.
• The United Nations General Assembly took bold, positive actions in 2017.
• The International Campaign Against Nuclear Weapons won the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize.
• A new statewide coalition, “Washington Against Nuclear Weapons,” is organizing vigorously.
• The new “Olympia Coalition to Abolish Nuclear Weapons” also is organizing vigorously.
To watch the informative interview, CLICK THIS LINK: Interview about nuclear weapons
To read a thorough summary of what we said — and see a 3-page list of additional information sources — CLICK THIS LINK: 2018.03 Program Summary — Nuclear Weapons Updates
After I produced this TV program and posted it to my blog, my e-mail address changed from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com. When you watch the TV video and/or read the linked document, please use my new e-mail address (and/or phone me at 360-491-9093) if you have any questions or want more information.