Watch this brilliant, funny, VERY SHORT video about “walls” :
Here is another great 1-minute satirical video about Trump’s “wall emergency” :
Beto O’Rourke’s good video about immigrants and Trump’s insane border wall:
Although Beto O’Rourke (from Texas) is not very progressive about some things (e.g., he is very subservient to big business), he has good values related to protecting human rights, and he is eager to reach out to the public on behalf of minorities, immigrants, and other folks whose human rights are in danger. This 7-minute video is good: https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/the-border-has-never-been-as-safe-and-secure-as-it-is-now-1442974787669
Trump’s thinking is always sloppy and lacking in honest information. He failed to consult engineers before demanding a wall. A structural engineer explains Trump’s wall is NOT feasible.
This article provides information and insights that I have not seen elsewhere in mainstream media — nor among politicians:
Here is an excerpt from the article linked above:
Now, in a epic Facebook post shared more than 100,000 times, an actual structural and civil engineer explained why the project is also a “monumental waste of money” and will be ineffective if it ever goes up.
“Structurally and civil engineering-wise, the border wall is not a feasible project,” wrote Amy Patrick, a structural and civil engineer from Houston, Texas.
“Trump did not hire engineers to design the thing. He solicited bids from contractors, not engineers. This means it’s not been designed by professionals. It’s a disaster of numerous types waiting to happen,” she added.
Patrick teaches structural analysis and design at the University of Houston and says she has been deposed as an expert witness in matters regarding proper wall construction, making her a literal “court-accepted expert on walls.”
Actually, Trump HIMSELF is the national emergency!
PREVENT Democrats from compromising with Trump by offering BILLIONS of our tax dollars for cruel repression and a high-tech “surveillance wall” instead of a physical wall!
In January 2019, Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, was caving in to Trump by offering to waste BILLIONS of our tax dollars on a stupid, cruel alternative to Trump’s wall. On January 23 this article came out:
Nancy Pelosi’s high-tech “surveillance wall” is HORRIBLE for several reasons, including:
- It supports Trump’s racist lies that Latino immigrants are a threat to the U.S.
- It supports Trump’s lie that he is a great deal-maker.
- It supports Trump’s strategy of shutting down the government and holding the USA hostage in order to bully our nation into caving in to his dictatorial demands.
- It destroys the power of Congress – and it specifically destroys the power of the House Democrats and the “blue-wave” – to be a counterweight to Trump’s dictatorship
- It wastes billions of dollars for a stupid scam, when Congress keeps saying it can’t afford to fund worthy projects such as a “Green New Deal” and “Medicare for All” and free college tuition and public housing and environmental cleanup and so forth. But now the Democrats want to fund a Trumpian wall instead of those.
- Immigrants and progressives will learn WE CANNOT TRUST THE DEMOCRATS, because Democrats betray us.
- Pelosi’s cave-in will hurt Democratic chances for the 2020 election at presidential, congressional, and down-ballot races because VOTERS WILL NOT TRUST DEMOCRATS.
I implore you to contact Nancy Pelosi and explain this to her. E-mail her and get her office phone numbers at this link: https://pelosi.house.gov/contact-me
I implore you to contact one or several Democratic U.S. House members. Denny Heck’s office in Lacey is at (360) 459-8514. You can e-mail him through his website, www.dennyheck.house.gov
I implore you to ask your Democratic U.S. Senators to lean on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi because Pelosi’s cave-in will undermine Democrats in the Senate too.
• Patty Murray (202) 224-2621 in Washington DC and (206) 553-5545 in Seattle.
E-mail her through her website, www.murray.senate.gov
• Maria Cantwell (202) 224-3441 in Washington DC and (206) 220-6400 in Seattle.
E-mail her through her website, www.cantwell.senate.gov
Please share this message with other people so we can generate massive pressure to prevent elected officials from caving in.