The October 2022 program on “Glen’s Parallax Perspectives” TV series “connects the dots” between poverty in the United States and excessive military spending, including the costs of nuclear weapons:
- This TV program begins by recognizing the extent of poverty in the United States – the richest nation on earth. Poverty is a serious crisis – and it is getting worse.
- Next, we recognize how excessively expensive the U.S. military has become. The U.S. spends a gigantic amount on the military – much, much more than is necessary. Both political parties keep increasing military budgets far, far beyond reason.
- We spend a few minutes examining nuclear weapons. We have far too many nuclear weapons – and their costs are outrageously excessive.
- After we have looked at these hard realities, I invite us to consider what the American people feel about these disparities – escalating poverty and escalating military spending. We also consider what the American people’s best values are. What do our nation’s people really need and want?
- The second half of this program will propose some solutions that are humane and sensible.
Besides watching the interview video, I hope people will also read the thorough summary document I wrote because it provides a HUGE amount of ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, including links to MANY ARTICLES and ORGANIZATIONS.
CLICK THE NEXT LINK TO READ THE THOROUGH SUMMARY:
After I produced this TV program and posted it to my blog, my e-mail address changed from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you watch the TV video and/or read the linked document, please use my new e-mail address if you have any questions or want more information.